This is the GenRight Rear Bumper Plate for anyone who wants the BEST departure angle possible, as it only sticks back 3/16" (the thickness of the material) behind the rear of the Jeep TJ, LJ or YJ.
It is designed to beef-up your rear frame cross member AND the two rear body mounts. It can also be used as a hi clearance bumper by itself because we have incorporated in 2 heavy duty shackle mounts for rear tow points.
Compatible with GenRight Offroad Swing Out Rear Tire Carriers
- Hi-Strength design is C channel shape fits over and under frame.
- Laser cut and CNC formed for a perfect fit.
- Dimple Die Step for dependable traction in any conditions
- 1" wide Shackle mounts fit 7/8" size D-rings (D-ring shackles sold separately REC-2100).
- Shackle Mounts are fully welded from both sides.
- Beefs-up rear section of the Jeep's frame.
- Can be used by itself as a bumper for a better departure angle.
- Bolt-on design is super strong as it ties into the top bottom and back of your Jeep's frame.
- Easy installation.
- Includes Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Shipped to you un-painted.
- Holes in plate fit the Optional LED-1500 or LED-1001S back up lights.
- We also offer an Optional Rear Frame to Bumper Tie-in kit for extra strength RBB-1100.
- Installation requires, you remove the rear most body mounts and slip this plate under them.
- Installation does NOT require lowering or removing the fuel tank to access mounting bolts, but it helps.
- This style bumper plate will fit a YJ (and can be used as a bumper), but a swing out tire carrier can not be directly bolted onto a YJ as the gas filler is in the same location as the latch plate. So unless you have re-located the gas filler, sorry.
- Is NOT a direct bolt-on for CJ's (please see part number RBB-1008).